January 23, 2011

FFXIV and the future.

I had some thoughts regarding FFXIV that I wrote some weeka back

Don't get me wrong; I love the game,the graphics, the music, the quests that does exists, but it is way to repetetive in the long run.

For the time being, I've set myself goals to get CNJ to 36 (perhaps 40), THM to 30, WVR and GSM to 30, ALC, LWR and CRP to 25 and the rest to 20 (Except Discipline of War). At that point, I really hope that they have gotten their act together and coughed up some more quests/content. If not, I'm afraid I'll take a break untill they do.

I love the story lines for the different jobs, and the base of the game. And the way that I make the days go by, is by setting goals on a daily basis. E.g. ranking up one class one rank, complete leves, be able to craft a particular piece of gear and so on.

I really find the thought to be a sad one, but there are no longer any friends of mine that plays, and spending time crafting/grinding alone or with random people really don't do it for me, especially when there is so little to do...

Well, things are to change, amd several of the issues are to be addressed.
At the beginning of the year, Square Enix released a survey for the players to fill out regarding what they felt were lacking in the game, what they would see implemented first and so on.

What can one say? SE that have been rather lousy at listening to their customers in the past, have suddenly started to talk to them, end showing that they can be at the same planet. No more cryptic messages, no more hidden agenda, and a proof of good faith that the customers know what they want.

In a rather long letter from the producer presented on the Lodestone, they reveal several of their plans for the future, the first one being a big update in February. This update will include upgrades to the playability, as well as quests and miniquests to the world of Eorzea.

I quote:
In line with the above results, we will be bringing quests and miniquests to Eorzea sometime after the beginning of February. Along with this, all of the changes being worked on during the end of last year and the beginning of this year to improve the games playability and user-friendliness will also be released around the same time.

The future will be interesting, and I will not abandon the world of Eorzea for some time still it seems.

For fellow players: I'm know as Tamlin Vangar on the Palamecia-world.

No comments:

Post a Comment