January 19, 2011

Top Ten Apps all-time

Apple have released a chart of the Top Ten Apps of all time, as they're having their countdown towards the 10.000.000.000 (Tenth Billion) download mark.

The list looks like this for the time being:
  1. Doodle Jump
  2. Tap Tap Revenge 3
  3. Pocket God
  4. Angry Birds
  5. Tap Tap Revenge 2.6
  6. Bejeweled 2 + Blitz
  7. Traffic Rush
  8. Tap Tap Revenge Classic
  9. AppBox Pro Alarm
  10. Flight Control
I reckon there's no surprise that there is only one App that is not a game - 9. AppBox Pro Alarm. For the other games, I have yet to try out most of them. As I got to know about Doodle Jump, a colleague of mine also told about how hooked a friend of her was, and I figured I should stay clear of it. Doodle Jump got a lot of press coverage when it was released and hit the "App of the Week"-list, and rather quick hit the top list over most-selling App to the iPhone. Touch My Apps gave a warning when they wrote their review
WARNING! Doodle Jump is addictive and will cause you to lose large amounts of your day.
Touch My Apps gave it 4 out of 5 according to their rating system, with the only negative comment being: "You will become addicted to Doodle Jump"

Angry Birds also got massive press coverage. But then again, there was this colleague - another one though - that spent a lot of time playing Angry Birds, and I felt that I shouldn't get into something that was so time consuming. But the game looks great and fun nevertheless.

For Bejeweled 2 + Blitz, I know I am - or at least was a huge fan, and still pick it up from time to time.
Now that the App Store for Mac have Bejeweled 3, I reckon Bejeweled 2 have come to pass for me, but still worthy to be on the list, and gem-matching have never been boring, and works great if you're after something to consume time with.

It will be Exciting to see how Bubble ball evolves though. The game is created by a 14 year old kid, and is free. The game hit 2 million downloads within the first 2 weeks, and at this speed, it will most likely take the throne from Doodle Jump in the future. Time will show.

What's your favorite game for iPhone?

No comments:

Post a Comment